What to publish
All our content should be either:
- task focused - guidance which helps users complete a transaction
- or, information based - content that helps users understand if and how we can help them
Content that does not do either of these things should not be published.
Task-focused content includes:
- an action-based page title (for example, 'Apply for free school meals')
- clear information outlining what the user needs to complete the task at the top of the page
- a clear call to action
Do not include information that is not directly relevant to the completion of the task.
Information-based content includes:
- a single paragraph overview to help the user understand if it is what they need
- detailed information broken up into clear sections using sub-headings
We will use templates for different types of content (for example, press releases, policies).
Do not publish:
- anything that duplicates or overlaps with existing content
- advertising for commercial purposes
- information exclusively for staff
- information where we are not the primary source (for example, GOV.uk or the NHS)